Thursday, April 27, 2023

Welcome to Bay of Islands College Building Academy


Kia ora, my name is Matua Jason and I am the building tutor at our academy.

We are a class of Year 12 and Year 13 students doing Building Construction and Allied Trades (BCATs) unit standards in order to achieve our level two and level three NCEA.

Some of the projects we are doing this year include: completing a large storage shed for our PE department, replacing an old retaining wall and creating seating on to of it, assembling our new classrooms with a deck and cover, and school footpaths.


1 comment:

  1. Tēnā koe Matua Jason

    I really enjoyed being with you and your Building Academy students. It sounds like you have some great projects underway, and students are doing some wonderful work.

    I remember when I was a teenager, there were a lot of slogans and advertising around 'girls can do anything'. Back then, girls didn't really go into building and trades. In fact the only option suggested to me at high school, was to be a teacher or a nurse. Thankfully things have changed a lot since then.

    I'm interested to learn what the next building project is and can't wait to see some photos in your blog.

    ReplyDelete